Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy (----------) Day

As I am praying you know, today is February 14th 2011. This time every year many celebrate Valentine’s Day while some willingly; (well as they claim) celebrate Singles Awareness Day (S.A.D). So traditionally it’s the day that couples have an excuse to splurge on their partner or even catch an attitude when their partners “forget” (now there aint no way the media gon let you forget)… But seriously…Growing up, this was the day that many people found the confidence to profess their love to that person they’ve had googly eyes for the whole year. While others *cough cough* left their school bags visible in hopes that a secret admirer would not have a hard time finding it(lol)….. I would say all in all it was a cute day.
But as I have gotten older (and I am NOT old, despite what the children I work with say), I have taken a different outlook on whatever title it has. I call it “Thanks for being in my life... I love you” Day… Long title but the meaning still stands. I have been very fortunate to have MANY wonderful people in my life, starting with my mother and the hundreds more family and friends, who show me love and support on the regular. I mean, I can’t think of a problem that I’ve been through that I didn’t have someone to talk to about it or even get help from… Yall are truly truly truly, what makes my heart beat.. I LOVE YALL!!!
Most importantly, the reason for who I am, my Heavenly Father. It’s so wonderful to open His promise book and see all the promises that He has for me (us), or to open my eyes and see the many opportunities I have or even cry when I feel things aren’t going well and hear His comforting voice saying “It Will be Alright Because I Love You”.
So just enjoy today, regardless of having a significant other or not, and know that I love you and most importantly you are loved by God.
(Please read Romans 8:31-39)- Ive for real been stuck on that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment